Physical Security Designer – Revit Drafter & BIM Technician
Are you proficient in Revit and experienced with BIM technology?
Do you have experience designing physical security, fire safety protection, or low voltage electrical systems?
Are you located in Florida?
Join a growing company of talented design and engineering professionals with a passion for excellence!
Send your application, resume and compensation requirements to Careers@TRUSYS.com.
The Security Designer is responsible for:
- Working with a team of consultants, engineers and project managers to identify and communicating technical requirements in the design documents. This may include various plan views, sections, representations, renderings, modeling, and diagrams.
- Researching equipment data sheets and specifications for security, safety, fire, voice, and data equipment and network components to document and communicate accurate installation requirements.
- Developing conceptual and detailed design documents using standard engineering formats, as well as graphical and presentation level formats.
- Working with the project engineer to develop device wiring diagrams for security and related system devices.
- Using Autodesk products (AutoCAD and Revit) to prepare designs of small, medium and enterprise level physical and electronic security, safety, fire, voice, and data systems.
AutoCAD & Revit
- Staying proficient in AutoCAD 2013 and Revit 2013 or higher to facilitate the delivery of 2D and 3D designs.
- Setting up sheets using assigned layout styles, providing properly scaled layouts, title blocks, and preloaded information from templates.
- Creating 2D line work and 3D massing and annotations to represent the design effectively.
- Populating databases and linked tables used in designs.
- Developing Revit family geometry and parameters and keeping information organized to use in Revit models.
- Drafting architectural elements used with or in conjunction with design drawings.
- Preparing large format PDF, DWF and other electronic formats.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years working with AutoCAD, Revit and BIM Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a design capacity in the field of physical security, fire & safety protection, low voltage and/or electrical design.
- Associates degree in a related technical capacity or bachelor’s degree in sciences.
- Industry certifications such as PSP, CPP, RCDD, ESS and ACP, are preferred but not mandatory.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2013 or higher, Revit MEP 2013 or higher, Design Review, Adobe Acrobat, and Bluebeam.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio. Experience with MS Teams, Planner and SharePoint is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of security system design and the fundamentals of security operations, fire and safety, and voice and data networks.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present and demonstrate work effectively to others and clients.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Ability to telecommute and work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with colleagues and clients in different time zones and cultures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages, as well as draw and interpret bar graphs.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt